Tuesday, July 30, 2013

 
Well, it's been almost 13 months since I've posted a blog regarding our journey to our home. I'm not real sure if anyone even reads the blog posts but I thought I'd post an update.
 
We lived in the horse trailer for 7 months through the last half of summer, the fall and most of the winter. To be more precise, from July 01 - February 01.  We went through the home buying process with a beautiful home on 14 acres in Madisonville that ended up falling through in January.  We were stressed, disappointed, worn out, you name it....
 
While we were living in the horse trailer, we were also living behind Brandon's Nana's house.  This is where I spent most of my time.  She opened her home up to us that gave us access to a washer & dryer, the kitchen, her bathroom when we ran out of propane... And just good company on a lot of nights that Brandon was working.  I will always cherish the time I was allowed to spend with her.  At the same time, I was getting to the point where I was ready to move out of the horse trailer.  I cant take away from the convenience it provided and the money we were able to save by staying in it but I was over it and we were back to square one on the home buying/building.  It was time for a change!
 
I drove up to Huntsville for a girls night one night.  I was going to stay the night because we were going to dinner and then to a late movie. Brandon was working and wasn't home so why not? On the way to the movie my girlfriend offered for Brandon and I to stay at her and her husbands house. They have detached  "Mother-In-Law" quarters and said that we were welcome to come and stay there if were wanted to get out of the trailer.  I was definitely interested and would be "talking" it over with Brandon first chance!
We moved in on February first! Heres a little glimpse of our new living quarters.
 
 The Kitchen
 The Living Area
 The Bedroom
The Bathroom
 
Pretty nice huh?
 
I can't even begin to tell you how lucky I felt to have this much space! I had room to stretch! I didn't waste any time moving our things from the trailer, which wasn't too much....
 
 
Macy was pretty excited too!
 
In the meantime Brandon will continue looking for our Promised Land and I will make this little apartment into our (temporary) home.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment