Monday, May 7, 2012

Answered Prayers!!

So last week I posted on facebook a call out to anyone that was able and willing to take in my two outside cats temporarily while we are living in the horse trailer. I stated that Brandon and I would be moving soon and needed to start looking for arrangements for them. Of course everyone wanted to know about the moving part and I didn't really get anywhere with the cats. I have been thinking about what to do with them for a while now but I just kept my faith in God that something would work out for the best for them. Right after I posted the status on facebook, a really good friend of mine, Amber, sent me a text saying that she thought we were selling the house (apparently she hasn't gotten caught up on my blog here!). I then told her that we HAVE had it for sale for the past 6 months now and were about to list it for lease.   
So, she is texting me questions about our house, how many bedrooms, how many baths, etc. She said that she was REALLY wanting an additional room and in our house we have a room that can be used as another bedroom, living room, exercise room, playroom... you name it.  I told her that Brandon and I would talk about it that evening and also have them over to look.  Brandon said that we could try and work something out with them. We were able to talk to them that evening about it and I got a text from her the next day saying they decided that they wanted rent the house! Woo Hoo! She said the only problem was that their lease wasnt up until August sometime. I told her that was okay with us, God has this planned out.  We arent in a huge hurry to move, just needed to know if they wanted it so we would know if we needed to list it.
As of today she has told me that she has notified her landlord that they will be out by July 31st! This will give us plenty of time to get all of our things sorted out. We have to put things in climate control, non climate control and then what will stay with us in the horse trailer. It will be a job.

As I open the Bible to look for a verse that goes along with this post, it opens to Psalm 25 and these verses all jump out at me:

"The Lord always proves faithful and reliable to those who follow the demands of his covenant." Psalm 25:10

"The Lord shows his faithful followers the way they should live. They experience his favor; their decendants inherit the land. The Lord's loyal followers receive his guidance, and he reveals his covenantal demands to them." Psalm 25:12-14

This one really spoke to me for it is an issue I have dealt with during this whole process of waiting for step after step to follow through:
Wait patiently for the Lord! Wait confidently for Him! Do not fret over the apparent success of a sinner, a man who carries out wicked schemes!" Psalm 37:7


And everyone knows this one:
"For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord. 'I have plans to prosper you, not to harm you. I have plans to give you a future filled with hope." Jeremiah 29:11


Lucy

Cotton
My sweet girls will now be able to stay in their familiar home! <3 They were both rescues, Cotton from a neighbor of Amber, where she was weeks old and surrounded by numerous other animals, infested with fleas and eye infections; Lucy was rescued by the public works crew with the city of Oak Ridge North, placed in a box and put on my desk! It had been raining a lot and we were having some minor flooding. She was found by our water plant, holed up trying to weather the storm. She fit in my hand she was so tiny. They took to each other like a mamma taking in her own that had been lost.
We also know that things happen, things change... if for some unknown reason the cats can't stay or Amber & Jarvis aren't able to rent our house, God will work something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment